How to Fix Dark and Light Stuck on Loading Screen
DOOM is a popular first-person shooter game that has been around for decades. However, even with its popularity, many players have experienced crashes while playing the game. The crashing of DOOM can be frustrating, especially if you are in the middle of an intense gaming session. In this blog post, we will be discussing the common causes of DOOM crashing and how to fix them.
Common Causes of DOOM Crashing
Before we dive into the solutions, let's first discuss the common causes of DOOM crashing. By understanding the reasons behind the crashes, we can better address the issue.
A. Outdated drivers: Drivers are the programs that allow your computer's hardware to communicate with the software. If your drivers are outdated, it can cause issues while playing DOOM.
B. Overheating components: If your computer's components, such as the graphics card or CPU, are overheating, it can cause DOOM to crash.
C. Incompatible hardware or software: DOOM requires specific hardware and software to run smoothly. If your system does not meet the requirements, it can cause the game to crash.
D. Corrupted game files: If your game files are corrupted, it can cause DOOM to crash. This can happen due to a virus or a failed installation.
Before we move on to the solutions, let's discuss the pre-requisites that you need to meet to play DOOM.
A. System requirements for DOOM: To play DOOM, your system must meet the minimum requirements. These requirements include a 64-bit operating system, an Intel Core i5-2400 or better, and at least 8GB of RAM.
B. Minimum hardware specifications: DOOM requires a graphics card with at least 2GB of VRAM, such as an NVIDIA GTX 670 or an AMD Radeon HD 7870.
C. Recommended software and drivers: To play DOOM smoothly, it is recommended to have the latest drivers for your graphics card and to have the latest version of DirectX installed.
Solutions to Fix DOOM Crashing
Now that we have discussed the common causes and pre-requisites, let's move on to the solutions to fix DOOM crashing.
A. Solution 1: Update your graphics card drivers
As mentioned earlier, outdated drivers can cause DOOM to crash. To fix this issue, you need to update your graphics card drivers. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer.
2. Select your graphics card model.
3. Download the latest drivers for your graphics card.
4. Install the drivers and restart your computer.
B. Solution 2: Check for overheating components
If your computer's components are overheating, it can cause DOOM to crash. To fix this issue, you need to check for overheating components. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Download a temperature monitoring software, such as HWMonitor.
2. Run the software while playing DOOM.
3. Check the temperatures of your components.
4. If any component is overheating, clean it or replace it.
C. Solution 3: Verify game files integrity
Corrupted game files can cause DOOM to crash. To fix this issue, you need to verify the game files' integrity. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open Steam and go to your Library.
2. Right-click on DOOM and select Properties.
3. Go to the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Wait for the process to complete.
D. Solution 4: Disable anti-virus software
Anti-virus software can sometimes interfere with DOOM and cause it to crash. To fix this issue, you need to disable your anti-virus software. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open your anti-virus software.
2. Find the option to disable the software temporarily.
3. Disable the software while playing DOOM.
E. Solution 5: Reinstall DOOM
If none of the above solutions work, you can try reinstalling DOOM. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open Steam and go to your Library.
2. Right-click on DOOM and select Uninstall.
3. Wait for the game to uninstall.
4. Download and reinstall DOOM.
DOOM crashing can be frustrating, but with the above solutions, you should be able to fix the issue. If none of the solutions work, you can contact the DOOM support team for further assistance. Remember to meet the pre-requisites and keep your system updated to prevent future crashes. Happy gaming!
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related